Mono Print Collage Story Class
Ready to get creative?
Join Ginger Leigh on August 26, 2023 from 9am - 12pm for a fun and jam-packed art class.
All supplies needed will be provided to learn how to use a Gelli Plate.
Limited Spots Available!
Focus and Goals:
- In this class, we will start with learning how to monoprint….We will spend time playing and experimenting with ideas about layering and mixing textures and colors and transparencies on several different types of paper…. We will collect meaningful bits of vintage and antique papers to arrange with our newly made papers to “Tell a Story”….. we will even paper the sides of our substrate finding little inspiring bits of information….The student will be introduced to several different embellishing product options, such as: Watercolor pencils, water soluble crayons, charcoal, and wax crayons…..We will also finish our piece with a coat of beeswax
- In addition to their finished piece of art, the student will also leave with lots of extra hand printed papers to use in future projects on their own time
- All supplies will be provided to achieve the goals of the class; however, if a student would like to bring their own collection of meaningful ephemera, they are welcome to…please keep in mind that so much layering occurs that unless the student makes a conscious choice to not cover their papers, the meaningful bits brought to class and included in your assemblage may be covered by the time your piece is completed
Day & Time:
- August 26, 2023 9am - 12pm
- 416 South HWY 393 Santa Rosa Beach, Fl 32459
I will provide water, a variety of canned sodas and cracker snack mix
Please dress for warm weather and in clothes that will most likely get paint or products on it that may or may not come out in the wash